There’s no better way to start 2023 than with a look back at the best of 2022 in the latest edition of Squash Player, the magazine endorsed by the World Squash Federation.
France’s Victor Crouin, who broke into the top 10 for the first time in his career, adorns the front cover and is the featured athlete.
Also included in this edition:
- EDITORIAL: A look at the year and the Squash Player Magazine expert Panel selects the Award winners.
- NEWS: Assem Allam passes on and leaves a brilliant legacy.
- WORLD SQUASH: An exploration at the WSF’s strategy following the AGM in Chennai.
- OBITUARY: The great squash writer (scribe) Rex Bellamy passes on.
- AWARDS: Squash Player announces its Annual Awards.
- HIGHLIGHTS: The panel of experts pick their Highlights of the Year.
- STATS & RECORDS: Howard Harding presents the year in Stats and Mike Dale updates the sport’s records.
- PICS OF THE YEAR: Award winning photographer Nathan Clarke presents his best pics of 2022.
- FEATURE: Will we be hearing more of Victor Crouin? Most probably, yes! This feature is an ideal place to start.
- VEGAS: Squash57 joins in the unique 3 wall ball championships in Las Vegas.
- CLUB & COURT: Outdoors in Luxembourg and at the seaside in Yorkshire.
- GEAR: Dunlop’s new man and colourful Karakal.
- ON COURT: Performances of the Month; Round-up; Rankings; Calendar;
News; and Looking Forward
- COMPETITION: Win Victor Crouin’s racket, the Dunlop Sonic Core Revelation Pro Lite.
- WORKSHOP: News; Drew’s Diagnosis on Marwan’s Option Taking; Newton investigates Low Wee Wern’s tenacious battle with injury; Hesham explains ghosting; Engelbrecht explains the mental ingredients underlying consistency; and Ali Farag discusses opponents and attacking opportunities.
- GALLERY: James Zug peeps behind the scenes at the US Open.