World Squash Officiating update May 2020
Following the last presentation given at the WSF AGM in October 2019 here is the latest progress on the World Squash Officiating (WSO) project.
WSO have now confirmed the following to oversee the running of WSO post the launch of the website in July 2020.
1. Appointment of WSO Management Team
William Louis-Marie, WSF CEO
Alex Gough, PSA CEO
Roy Gingell, WSO Director
Lee Drew, WSO Development Lead
2. Appointment of WSO Advisory Board
The WSO Advisory Board will consist of 9 people;
• Roy Gingell – WSO Director and Chair of WSO Advisory Board
• Lee Drew – WSO Development Lead
• Mike Collins – Africa
• Tahir Khanzada – Asia
• Marko Podgorsek – Europe
• Jordan Till – Oceania
• Dave Howard – PanAm (North)
• Leonardo Arozena – PanAm (Central/Caribbean/South)
• Kim Clearkin – PSA nomination
Significant work on the configuration of the WSO website has been progressing, which continues to be led by Chris Truswell, and is now nearing completion.
Currently in progress;
• Back end testing, functionality development and snagging is currently being undertaken.
• Content and format are being adjusted and updated as appropriate.
• Assessment criteria for each level supported by modules is being finalised.
• Resource pages to be reviewed by WSO Advisory Board.
• Website testing and final snagging to be completed by small group of referees prior to official launch.
• Projected launch July 2020.
We will continue to update you of any significant news, points of interest or development as a matter of course.
WSO Management Team
WSO Advisory Board
The WSO Advisory Board is a group of individuals, representing the global squash community, who will bring unique knowledge and skills in the area of officiating, as well as assessment of officiating, and will bring support, offer recommendations and provide key information and materials in support of the WSO Management Team to deliver WSO’s strategic objectives.
This group does not have formal authority to govern the organisation but is rather there in support of delivery of the WSO project and ensuring it meets the requirements of the officiating community.
Membership will be reviewed annually by the WSO Management Team and all Advisory member appointments will need to be approved by the WSO Management Team and WSF Board.
Role and responsibilities
• Assist the WSO Management Team in the delivery of the WSO strategic objectives
• Assist in the ongoing development and monitoring of the WSO strategy, policies, materials and documentation
• Assist in the communication and delivery of WSO through the regional and national federations
• Assist in the communication and adoption of http://www.worldsquashofficiating.com/ as the centralised platform for worldwide squash officiating
• Assist in enabling the pathway of up and coming referees from the regions and nations through the WSO structure
• Assist in resolving WSO or referee issues that are raised to the WSO Management Team and / or the WSO Advisory Board
• Bi-monthly meetings via conference call or in person, if practical, in order to continually improve and help deliver the WSO project and its strategic objectives
180302_WSO March 2018 Update